Saturday 30 October 2010

Brighton Marina

Fished the Marina with my mate John. The weather was horrible and it was a force 7 with waves of about 10', but we still gave it a try. We started at my usual, the East Arm. We managed to catch a Bullhead, Pout, Shannies and a Wrasse, it got extremely bad and we had to retreat to the West Arm.


Longspined Bullhead - Taurulus bubalis
Longspined Bullhead - Taurulus bubalis


Longspined Bullhead - Taurulus bubalis
Longspined Bullhead - Taurulus bubalis


Pouting - Trisopterus luscus
Pouting - Trisopterus luscus


Ballan Wrasse - Labrus bergylta
Ballan Wrasse - Labrus bergylta

I had never fished the West Arm before, but it was pretty calm compared to the other side. Fish cast I got a shanny, but after half and hour and after the sun came down, I started to get Whiting. I ended up catching about half a dozen up to about a pound.


Shanny - Lipophrys pholis
Shanny - Lipophrys pholis


Whiting - Merlangius merlangus
Whiting - Merlangius merlangus

No comments:

Post a Comment